Tue 14th March 2017
- Route: From Cape Point to Smitswinkel Bay. Bay coastline/ cliff route
- Distance: 17 km
- Night at Smitswinkel Bay tented camp
Wed 15th March 2017
- Route: From Smitswinkel Bay tented camp to Shuttling / Silvermine reservoir via Blackburn Ravine, the slopes of Constantiaberg, Vlakkenberg with views over Chapman’s Peak and Hout Bay.
- Distance: 18 km hike
- Night: Orange Kloof tented camp
Thu 16th March 2017
- Route: From Orange Kloof to the top of Table Mountain to descend via cable car. In the event that the cable car is not operating due to strong wind, we would hike down Platteklip Gorge which would add on an extra 1 hour to the time.
- Distance: 22 Km
- Hiking boots or trainers/running shoes are generally suitable
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Light rain jacket/wind break (If the cloud comes over it can be cold and damp)
- Sunhat, sunscreen & sunglasses
- Medication (Personal medication e.g. Asthma, Insulin) – We carry a first aid kit with general items.
- Overnight clothing and toiletries
- The tented camps are fully equipped and the bedding and towels are provided.
- As far as food is concerned, lunch consists of a sandwich, fruit, trail mix, energy bar, water & juice.
- Suppers are usually items for a braai/barbecue – meat/chicken or fish, vegetables & salad.
- Breakfast – muesli, yoghurt, fruit, juice, eggs, cheese, bread.
- Water, juice, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits are supplied.